Cannabis Card Renewal
Browsing Tag



June 1, 2008

Early Saturday morning, Krista was feeling a sharp shooting pain in her abdomen. She didn’t think much of it, and we went to bed.

At 3:00 she went to use the bathroom and was feeling woozy. She called for me, and I sat her down on the bathtub edge since we couldn’t make it to the bed. She passed out sitting there. I thought that it just might have been low blood sugar, so she ate a cookie and drank a juice box, and she went and laid down on the couch. She called her mom, and she told us to call the doctor. We did, but never got a call back. We got a little sleep.

She needed to use the bathroom again around 5:00am, so she woke me up and I helped her to her feet after about 4 steps, she passed out. She came to, and we tried again to make it to the toilet. 3 more steps and she passed out again. We called her mom for a second time and she came over. Once she got there, we called 911 and an ambulance picked her up and drove her to St. John’s hospital.

Once at the hospital, they started running every test to find out what the problem was. She had a urinary test, blood test, CATscan, and X-Rays. At first they thought that she might be pregnant, but after further diagnosis, they narrowed it down to a Cyst that ruptured and the underlying blood vessel was internally bleeding.

Doctor Aikman was on-call and he came and discussed what was going on and said that we were going to have to have surgery. After talking with Dr. Aikman, we felt REALLY comfortable with him. He knew Dr. Robbins from the Health and Wellness Clinic, and they are close friends.

Around noon they took her to the 6th floor and brought her into surgery. The actual surgery didn’t take very long, it was about 1hour to 1 hour and 1/2 long. Dr. Aikman came out to talk to us, and he told us that there was 750 mL of blood that they drained from the abdominal wall and they smoothed over the ovary and that everything went well with the surgery. He also said that there will be no furture complications as far as making babies in the future. We went to her room and waited for her.

Her mom and I got to go into the back surgery room once they were done, and talk to her for about 15 minutes. She looked very pale, but seemed to know what was going on and she could remember a lot of what the doctor had told her. It was good to see her awake and talking.

I went to the house to shower and feed the cat and grab some stuff to make her feel at home. I also stopped at the store and got some flowers and a card.

When I got back, she was in the room and her mom had gotten her some flowers and a stuff Frog. She was working on her first pint of blood. She had to have 4 pints put back into her system. She hasn’t been able to eat or drink and they had water flowing through her system. She was catheterized so her bathroom was with her all through the day and night. She finished getting all of her 4 pints of blood late in the night.

We watched lots of television and I got a lot of video uploaded, and we went to bed. While I was sleeping, the nurses made sure to close the curtain when they had to come in and take her vitals and decatheterized her. Thank you Nurses!

When I woke up, Krista told me that the decatheterizing was not that painful at all. That was good. They had also took her off of the morphine, and she was looking very flush and beautiful.

Her mom, dad and sister came in this morning. They brought me some breakfast foods, and they stayed with her while I went home to shower, shave and clean up the house a little before they let Krista go. After I finished doing my favorite thing, THE DISHES, a storm came through Tulsa. It had 60-70 MPH winds and our electricity went out. At the hospital, Krista told me that branches were hitting the window to her room, which is on the 6th floor!

I took a nap after picking up around the house, and reading some of my book. I gathered a few items and went back to the hospital. When I got back, Corine (her other sister) was there with her mom, and they were watching some TV. She also had a tray of food at her bedside. They gave her some apple juice and yogurt.

After a while the doctor came back in (around 3:00pm) just to check up on her. He said that she looked great. She could have some real food, and they took the IVs out of her arm. She has been able to get up and go to the bathroom. She will also be able to take a bath! We should be out of the hospital tomorrow!

If you want to send an e-card, or just leave a message, just reply to this post, or send me an e-mail at I’ll be sure to give the message to her.